The Nature-Inspired Hair Care Earth Day 2018 | Hair.com

Best Products for Healthy Hair

Green Beauty: The Nature-Inspired Haircare To Embrace For Earth Day 2018

20 April 2018
photo of woman in nature
photo of sarah bondoc

Sarah Bondoc

Junior Beauty Editor

Sarah is a Paris-based American journalist who has a passion for hair and beauty.

Spring’s slowly shining through, which has us even more excited for Earth Day on April 22! How does Earth Day relate to beauty, exactly? Our experts share their advice on how to stay connected with a natural lifestyle through your hair care routine.

With important environmental issues like climate change becoming top of mind for more and more people, Earth Day is a great opportunity to participate in the global effort to focus on reconnecting with the planet. Here’s why even mindfully choosing the right professional hair care products matters.

Go green through your beauty routine.

Global beauty brands are doing their part by bringing their products more nature-inspired and sustainable, making our search for naturally derived professional hair care that much easier!

“Many of my clients are attracted to natural hair care and are on the lookout for eco-friendly products,” David Lucas, French Kérastase brand ambassador, points out. He believes brands such as Kérastase are “finally achieving both nature and performance,” he says.

We have plenty of favorites when it comes to hair care that will keep your hair looking and feeling beautiful.

If you want to make your hair product arsenal simpler but aren’t sure which products to start with, keep reading to find out which Earth-inspired range has your name on it! Once you decide which products take your fancy, visit your stylist for advice about how best to utilize them.

photo of Matrix Biolage R.A.W products

Raw Mother Nature In Matrix Biolage R.A.W.

If it’s your first time incorporating professional hair care products into your routine, here’s a good introductory, has-it-all collection. The Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Heat Styling Primer, for example, boasts a formula of 99 percent natural origin and packaging that’s made of 50 percent recycled plastic. We consider ingredients to be natural origin if they retain more than 50 percent of their molecular structure after being processed from a natural source. The vegan formula also contains no animal derived ingredients or by-products, as well as no artificial colorants.

Experts especially love using the Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner. Formulated with quinoa husk and honey, the shampoo feeds dry, dull hair for healthy-looking, softer locks. Follow it up with the conditioner, which intensely conditions for soft, shiny touchable strands thanks to its coconut oil and kaolin clay-boosted formula.

photo of Kerastase Aura Botanica products

Pure Indulgence With Kérastase Aura Botanica

If you’re not willing to compromise on luxury in your quest for nature-inspired hair care, discover a more exciting option. Kérastase’s Aura Botanica Bain Micellaire Shampoo is a 96 percent naturally derived formula with sweet orange essential oil and solidarity sourced precious Samoan coconut oil and Moroccan argan oil. The remaining 4 percent is necessary to ensure olfactory, sensorial, and stability.

“It’s always going to make the hair look healthy and give it this incredible glow,” Matt Fugate, Kérastase brand ambassador, says.

“Aura Botanica is a line that I have taken much pleasure in discovering; both for its nature-inspired and sensory qualities, and its amazing effectiveness,” Lucas adds.

Love your hair, love the planet!

I like this article
Be the first to like this article

Oops, something went wrong! Please try again later...

More to discover

photo of woman with textured hair on the beach
01 May 2018

How To Keep Textured Hair Looking Flawless, Even When You Travel

If you're a frequent jet setter, you may notice that travel products for textured hair aren't easy to come by. Preparing for your next getaway? Read on.

black woman with box braids
28 August 2017

5 African Hair Braiding Styles

From micro braids to cornrows, we've rounded up the hottest African hair braiding styles around.

crochet braids
28 August 2017

10 Crochet Braid Styles For Natural Hair

The blank canvas crochet braids provides can be a bit daunting. If you're not sure which style to try next, check out these 10 trendy hairstyles we're sure you'll love.

Salon Locator

Salon Locator

Find the nearest professional stylist using our salon locator. Experience the latest in cuts, colors, techniques, and styles from experts you trust. Visit a salon for tips, tricks, and product recommendations to help create and maintain beautiful hair. It's time to get pampered!